jueves, 22 de octubre de 2015

How green are you?

To be honest, I don’t do so many things to consider myself as a green person, but I try to do some little actions to help the planet. For example, I prefer to buy things from companies that don’t do experiments in animals and when I get out I keep my garbage till I find an adequate place to throw it. In Talca, when I’m going to a near place, I like to go by bicycle, also I help in the gardening things taking care of the plants of the street trying to use the less water possible and I recycle the plastic bottles taking out it in special deposits. That is the only practice of recycling I do I think.

I haven’t joined an eco-organization, but once with my high school classmates we did a project to clean one of the most popular places in Talca, the Virgin Hill. We obtain help from municipality and they lent us a garbage truck. Regrettably, we just went one day and we weren’t able to get down the hill and keep cleaning because we were too tired, but it was a nice activity. I also tried to be part of Greenpeace, but they told me that the only form that I could help from Talca was sending money. I think that we as a society have a lot to do about this topic. It’s just feeling the quality of air here in Santiago. It’s not very hard to do things that may help the planet and, as a consequence, improve our life quality.

Here with my friends and some dogs saving the world 

The night view from cerro La Virgen, the better place to go for a walk in Talca (and the only one I think)


7 comentarios:

  1. I really hate the air and the water of Santiago !!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. ohh you had a very good idea with clear you city, congratulations! :*

    ResponderBorrar
  3. you did a great job with your classmates, is a really nice initiative!

    ResponderBorrar
  4. you did a grea twork cleaning the hill

    ResponderBorrar
  5. You have a really good initiative with your friends :) and yes, the air of Santiago sucks!

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Well done Dani, your next objective is to clean my garden and backyard

    ResponderBorrar
  7. it's amazing your initiative with your team!

    ResponderBorrar